Firstly, thank you for all of your suggestions and feedback, we are always working tirelessly to improve our features, functionality and designs.
We are sure that you have all noticed the new changes that we have made, the new simplified design we believe makes the site more visually appealing but most of all more user friendly.
Here is a brief list of the changes that we have just released:
- New navigation design – we have reduced the top level navigation to maximise the screen real estate
- Account tabs that were across the top of the resume builder are now links in a sub navigation on the left – increasing work flow and spacing
- “Job Applications” are now called “Connections” which include your job applications in progress, applied for, networks and alumni/classes
- Account homepage now displays improved data information – Messages, Resumes, Connections
New resume builder
- The new resume builder now has a “pre-launch” status to ensure that you do not send out incomplete resumes
- Print, PDF, Word, WebLink, Copy and Send functions have therefore been blocked prior to launching a resume
- We have launched four new features of the resume builder that you should think about prior to launch:
- Resume Power – Resumes with higher power ranking feature more prominently within employer searches. Improve your resumes power ranking by completing the maximum number of resume sections and by adding eLibrary and eReference items.
- Weblink – set your own personal www.connectcv.com URL – eg www.connectcv.com/john-doe
- Preview and optimise your employer search result – allows you to view how you will appear when an employer or recruiter searches our database.
- Resume Privacy – three different options:
- Broadcast – Employers can view your resume and details you choose to display.
- Networked – Employers you have networked with, or sent a job application to can view your resume and any personal details you choose to display.
- Private – Only you have access to your resume via your account.
- New image and video attachment options:
- Add a personal touch and upload an image of yourself
- Create a point of difference and embed a YouTube video of yourself into your resume.
- New resume section: Target Job Title & Profile – like a personal brand statement
- Resume Type – loads the recommended sections/order for professional- or student-optimised resume
- Launch resume action confirms resume privacy setting – broadcast is the new default.
We know that this does not cover all of the great suggestions you have sent in but we hope to get through them as we continue to improve ConnectCV.
The ConnectCV Team