- Strong knowledge of the diagnosis, treatment and medical practice.
- In-depth knowledge of the medical terminology and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and written.
|Looking to further my experience as a registered nurse in a busy and professional environment.|
| ||Jan 2009 – present: Registered Nurse ||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
The Northern Area Mental Health Service
The Northern Area Mental Health Service is an integrated network of mental health services providing psychiatric services to residents of the Darebin and Whittlesea areas. Services include Crisis Assessment and Treatment Services, Continuing Care Services, Acute In-patient Services and Community Care Units.
As a Registered Nurse working as part of the Northern Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (NCATT) my responsibilities were:
- Provide comprehensive psychiatric assessment and treatment to NCATT clients as well as applying specialised discipline specific skills
- Be highly self motivated and apply my broad range of experience in the provision of services to persons with psychiatric illness
- Developed a sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act, its amendments and other relevant legislation
- Work rostered shifts - morning, afternoon and night shift.
| ||Jan 2004 – Dec 2008: Registered Nurse ||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Assigned to provide patient care for 10 patients in area 2.
- Assisted with the admittance and discharge of patients.
- Performed clinical tasks according to hospital policies.
- Assisted in the orientation of new staff members.
- Assessed patient conditions and advised of changes in status.
- Monitored and maintained patient charts.
- Assisted patients and family members in the education of health care needs.
Education / Qualifications
|Bachelor of Nursing|
Graduated: December 2003
|Melbourne, NSW, Australia|
|Higher School Certificate|
Melbourne Girls High School
Graduated: December 2000
|Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
- Remains calm and professional during times of critical need.
- Readily develops rapport with patients, staff and physicians.
- Proven record of reliability and responsibility
- Excellent skills in handling patients with their problems, queries and complaints.
- Very effective leadership and instruction qualities.
Immigration / Work Status
Hobbies / Interests
|Netball, walking my dogs, swimming and spending time at the beach, cooking dinner parties for my friends and family.|
|Jan 2000||Current VIC Drivers License|