Summary A highly talented Electrician with over 6 years experience in installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes; installing and servicing street lights, intercom systems, and electrical control systems.
|Jan 2008 – present: Electrician||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
|Jan 2004 – Dec 2007: Apprentice Electrician||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
- Traced out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Measured, cut, and bent wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintained tools, vehicles, and equipment and kept parts and supplies in order.
- Drilled holes and pulled or pushed wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Performed semi-skilled and unskilled labouring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Disassembled defective electrical equipment, replaced defective or worn parts, and reassembled equipment, using hand tools.
- Transported tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, hand truck, or heavy, motorized truck.
- Examined electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tightened connections, using hand tools.
- Stripped insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attached wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Thread conduit ends, connected couplings, and fabricated and secured conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Drew diagrams of electrical systems
- Installed, maintained and repaired electrical systems
- Carried out house calls
- Dealt with residential heating, electrical and plumbing needs
Education / Qualifications
|Certificate III in Electrotechnology|
Graduated: December 2006
|Sydney, NSW, Australia|
|Higher School Certificate|
Blaxland High School
Graduated: December 2003
|Sydney, NSW, Australia|
Hobbies / Interests
|Fishing, computer programming, sci fi novels|