Summary Offer 8 years of experience transporting FMCG products and hazardous materials for various industries.
Experienced driving a broad range of commercial trucks that include 24" stake, flatbed, and box trucks, 5 speed, 18-wheeler, and vehicles with air brakes and repetitive dual hand controls.
Possess a strong work ethic and excellent driving record, stable work history and credible references.
Knowledgeable of safety regulations and map reading procedures.
Recognized for ability to plan, organize and coordinate priorities in an expedient manner.
Technically inclined with a proven ability to troubleshoot and repair minor vehicle operation problems.
Personable and professional with a strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills.
Accustomed to working under harsh weather conditions; easily lift and carry more than 50 pounds.
|To secure a position as a truck driver with a leading retailer or consumer product company.|
|Jan 2009 – present: Truck Driver||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
|Evans & Co Construction|
- Operate an 18-wheeler to transport building materials, averaging 50 stops daily and 4 monthly long hauls.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to our residential and commercial accounts.
- Verify the unloading of shipments to avoid employee theft and fraudulent claims of missing product.
- Review invoices with customers and obtain shipper and receiver authorizations /signatures.
- Maintain trip logs reflecting customer locations and distance traveled and fuel costs.
- Coordinate vehicle inspections and repairs and troubleshoot vehicle malfunctions on the road.
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions in compliance with company and highway regulations.
- Assist with load and unloading of product at warehouse using a Pallet Jack and forklift.
|Jan 2005 – Dec 2008: Truck Driver||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
|Allied Transport Services|
- Operated a semi-trailer to transport finished goods, parts and materials, averaging 120 stops per week.
- Serviced equipment in the areas of fuel, oil, water, and air requirements and minor vehicle repairs.
- Reviewed transportation and shipping tags and verified accuracy of inventory counts at all points of delivery.
- Loaded and unloaded product on and off trailers by hand and with the assistance of a forklift.
- Prepared accident reports in compliance with company and OHAS safety requirements.
- Transported materials to various locations with a demonstrated ability to navigate thick city traffic.
- Adhered to regulations and parking rules to keep violations and parking tickets to a minimum.
|Jan 2002 – Dec 2004: Stock Delivery Driver||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
|Country Fresh Foods|
- Managed a sales route with 80 regular stops that included convenience stores and petrol stations and independent supermarkets, spanning urban and rural communities.
- Moved product into stores using roll-on racks and hand carts during peak shopping hours and weekends.
- Stocked product on shelves and in coolers and vending machines where necessary.
- Generated invoices, collected payment from store managers on a daily basis.
- Built positive customer relationships with primary contacts at each store and resolved service issues.
Education / Qualifications
|Higher School Certificate|
Frankston High School
Graduated: December 2001
|Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
- Possess a strong work ethic and excellent driving record, stable work history and credible references.
- Recognized for ability to plan, organize and coordinate priorities in an expedient manner.
- Personable and professional with a strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
Hobbies / Interests
|Playing and watching team sports like AFL, Football and Rugby League, I also coach my son's under 8s Football team|
|Dec 2003||Medium Rigid Licence|
Vic Road Association
|Nov 2002||Forklift Licence|
Victorian Workcover Authority Assessment